“. . . The only foundation for a useful education in a republic is to be laid in Religion. Without this there can be no virtue, and without virtue there can be no liberty, and liberty is the object and life of all republican governments.” – Benjamin Rush
We are pleased to announce that the George Washington Center for Constitutional Studies is in the planning stages of launching a new private, classical liberal arts college in Draper, Utah.
Mount Liberty College is currently planning to open in the fall of 2019, but if there is enough interest, a plan is in place for opening classes this coming fall, 2018, for a small, first group of freshmen students. The missions of GWCCS and of Mount Liberty College are similar with respect to teaching natural law principles using primary sources.
Mount Liberty College is a classical liberal arts college with goals to:
• Deliver a high-quality, principle-based education at a reasonable cost.
• Instill a life-long appreciation for knowledge and faith.
• Inspire an understanding and appreciation of wisdom and beauty that are common to the human experience.
• Encourage students to be part of the great conversation concerning our freedoms and liberties with an understanding of the unique founding of the United States.
• Prepare students for further study and entrepreneurial pursuits.
• Provide a college degree required for today’s professional world, while providing the type of education and leadership skills needed to build tomorrow.
• Combine such education with moral and social instruction within a wholesome Judeo-Christian environment, free from the restrictions that come with government involvement.
Given the many families who are homeschooling or using charter and private schools, there is a real need to create that same classical education model in a college. Mount Liberty College will help students build on the great education they have had thus far.
For more information, please visit the college website at: MountLibertyCollege.org.
If you would like to speak to someone about potential enrollment, email to: info@MountLibertyCollege.org